Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Hyperventilating over a katana.

I have had a strange tingly feeling in the pit of my stomach since yesterday when I went to the mall with my boyfriend and we looked at various weapons. We bought other stuff of course, but this was the most fun part. First, we went to Excalibur, a shop of all that is medieval and expensive, and looked at a few of the knives and swords there. They were overpriced, of course, but there was this beautiful katana on display that the saleslady was kind enough to show us. It was $600, so slightly out of my price range, but it was incredibly well made. The hilt was all carved with dragony designs out of ivory or something and the blade was actually pressed and quite usable. I would buy it if I was rich.

The other place we visited was a place that sold everything from hash pipes and bongs to junk food to dirty birthday cards and magazines. It was a place called the "Tabagie" and they also have well-priced swords. My boyfriend bought a very cool knife and also got me a small hunting knife. On Friday, I'm going back to get a trio of samurai weapons which includes a sword, a short sword and a dagger, plus the stand. All this is for about $150 and they're actually quality weapons. I got to try the katana out and it gave me tingles.

No, I'm not a sicko who likes killing people with oriental weapons. I just like pointy things and shiny things. Put the two together and I get really crazy. I'd never hurt anybody with a sword, but owning them is fun. I've been doing karate for a while and so I'm infatuated with all that is Japanese and related to the martial arts. Yay! Ok, writing quickly degenerating... must go eat.




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com