Tuesday, August 10, 2004

The Dentist's Office.

I just had a dentist's appointment, and it was painful to say the least. Now, I'm not one of those people who is insanely scared of dental work, or has an intolerably low pain tolerance. However, this visit gave me reason to dread my next appointment. First of all, it took forever for me to be called in. My whole family was there, and that might have had something to do with it. I was bored out of my mind! I'd even read every single magazine they have there already. Now that's sad.

Then, when I was finally called in, I had to have x-rays done. First, I had one done of my entire jaw, and being the short person I am, they could never seem to get the machine to go low enough for me. I ended up standing on my tippytoes. I should describe the machine. There was a yellow thing that you had to bite on, and then press your forehead against a brace thing, and then put your feet directly under it, and then hold on to these handle thingys... Awkward. Anyway, it turns out that I have no hidden cavities, and that only three of my wisdom teeth exist. They should be coming in a couple of years.

The x-rays weren't too bad, except the small ones where they put the film in your mouth almost made me gag. The worst part was where the hygienist was poking and proding around in my mouth, not failing to miss all the fun sensitive parts. I'm sure she's a sadist. To add to that, I have a weird sore jaw that hurts when I open it too much. I told her about it, but she still insisted I open my mouth as far as possible, even though I was sure some interesting cracking noises would ensue.

Finally it was over and she gave me a purple tooth brush. My dad had to have a filling replaced and my brother has gingivitis and a couple of cavities. I guess only the girls in the family were blessed with good teeth. Heehee! While we were waiting for my mom to finish up, my brother and I went to the candy shop next door to make ourselves feel better. The whole visit took about two and a half hours. Ouch.




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com