Saturday, September 11, 2004

An interesting trip to Montreal

I guess nobody reads my blog anymore because no one guessed who the mystery writer was, even though it was pretty obvious. Sigh! Oh well. Anywho, I'll keep writing for my personal enjoyment. Hey, I just noticed it's September 11th today. In my agenda, created by some american company, there's a little picture of a ribbon of red, white and blue on the page for today. Yeah, I won't say what I think because I might offend someone and get arrested as a terrorist. Anti-american sentiment? Who, me?

On to other things... Yesterday I went to Montreal with my parents to hear the world premier of my father's new composition, Tapestries. It was played by Imusici, an excellent Montreal string orchestra, and Rivka Golani, an absolutely amazing violist. The piece was supposed to be about an ancient greek weaver, Arachne, who got turned into a spider by Athena after they had had a contest to see who was the better weaver. Anyway, the piece had some cool spidery sounds as well as some interesting ancient greekish themes which sometimes verged on gypsyish for the solo viola. Overall, it had my A+.

After the concert, and some very mediocre red wine, we (being my parents, and two of my dad's students) went to the Baton Rouge on Ste Catherine street and it was a most excellent meal. I had an avocado sandwich with fries which I could not finish, and for an appetizer we had the best (and only) spinach dip I had ever tried. As we ate, I watched people go by and noticed that there are some very interesting fashions in Montreal, but way too many pointy-toed stilleto-healed shoes, which are, in my modest oppinion, the ugliest things ever created in the history of footwear.

To sum up, I was quite full after supper, and I slept the whole way home in the car. Now, I have some avocado sandwich and fries leftover in the fridge and the thought of having that for breakfast, which I have not yet had, is making me very hungry. I'm going to add my dad's website to the links column to the right, just in case anybody's interested in checking him out.




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com