Sunday, November 14, 2004

Cabaret, etc.

Last night we played at Cabaret, the Bishop's music department open mike night type dealy. It was Doppelganger Effekt's first real performance in front of an audience. The theme was superheroes, so we were all in costume. I was Kazoo Girl (red cape and gloves and everything!), Sam was a random Batman stooge with a black eye, Etienne was the Mad Hatter, Jonah was some weird Russian experiment (with a trench coat, communist hat, and goggles), and Oliver was the Almighty Conga Man, with his little conga which he bought at Painchaud. Even my mom dressed up, unofficially as boob lady.

Our performance didn't go so well though. The drum set was much too loud, and I'm fairly certain it wasn't the drum set's fault. It was so loud, in fact, that that was all one could hear. I know I couldn't hear myself, or Sam, or Etienne, or anyone else but out drummer. I know Etienne was really pissed, and I wasn't so happy about it either. For our next show at the Lion, I think we're going to have to either insist our drummer tone it down, or just get rid of her. Personally, I thought we sounded much better without a drum set, period. Of course, others in the band don't seem to think that way, but I'm past caring at this point. If we're merely visual complements to a drum solo that lasts the whole piece, there isn't much point in playing.

Anyway, last night I ended up going to Jonah's to sleep over and it was really really cold walking there, and I wasn't dressed properly. As a result, I'm sick today, though I've been getting sick for a while now. I have a sore throat and tummy, and I feel really weak and tired. It sucks. My brother is also sick, and last night, apparently, he was throwing up all night and didn't get any sleep. I hope that I don't get that bad because I have some important things due soon. Like, I have a test on Wednesday that I really want to do well on. Oh well, I'll stick to my echinacea and see what happens.

Meanwhile, we're waiting patiently for Sam to make CDs of our practice that we recorded, but I think Keum still has the minidisk. Darn. Yeah, and I'm going to sign off. Before I go, I just want to say that Sam may possibly be funnier drunk when I'm not also drunk... hmmm... go figure.




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com