Sunday, December 19, 2004

A Bar-Mitzvah to remember

Bad, bad Ilana... Haven't written for over a week! Since then, exams were written and school came to an end. I am much relieved. Now I only have to worry about writing stories, drawing pictures and practicing violin for a while, until I get my marks in the mail. Then I have to worry about University applications, but until then, rest.

I went to a fun party on Monday... I had more beers than I usually limit myself to, but it was fun anyway. I think I may have hurt my thumb more than I was supposed to, and it still hurts, but in a worst-case scenario, it's a pressure fracture, and that's not so bad. And I've been at Jonah's a lot, which is nice. I really didn't take last week seriously, which is probably why I arrived at my Friday exam 20 minutes late. Ah well, I'm sure I aced it.

And this weekend, I went to Jonah's mother's place for his brother's Bar Mitzvah, which ended up being at a friend's place across the border. That was fun, and the first Bar Mitzvah I'd ever been to. I was a little disapointed that it wasn't in a synagogue, but that's ok too. I've never been inside a synagogue either. I was having a lot of trouble following the Hebrew text too, as my reading isn't exactly up to snuff. The best part was the singing though... I really wished I had a tape recorder because some of it was really beautiful. There was a great party afterwards, which was continued at Jonah's mom's place. Lots of dancing and good food.

Well, it's supper time, but before I go, here are the results of my belief-o-matic quiz:
1. Secular Humanism (100%)

2. Unitarian Universalism (97%)

3. Liberal Quakers (87%)

4. Theravada Buddhism (75%)

5. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (75%)

6. Nontheist (72%)

7. Neo-Pagan (68%)

8. Taoism (56%)

9. New Age (53%)

10. Mahayana Buddhism (51%)

11. Orthodox Quaker (43%)

12. Reform Judaism (43%)

13. Bahá'í Faith (39%)

14. Jainism (36%)

15. Sikhism (34%)

16. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (33%)

17. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (31%)

18. New Thought (31%)

19. Scientology (30%)

20. Hinduism (24%)

21. Jehovah's Witness (24%)

22. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (24%)

23. Seventh Day Adventist (20%)

24. Eastern Orthodox (13%)

25. Islam (13%)

26. Orthodox Judaism (13%)

27. Roman Catholic (13%)




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com