Saturday, December 11, 2004

Colours are fun!

Having recently discovered how colours in html work, I've decided that colour is very fun. I might play around with this a little bit, and perhaps, once I figure out how to do things better, I may do stuff to my template. For now, I'm going to write the rest of this entry in a crazy colour and font.

Anyway, since last time, my cold has improved, possibly because I've been taking way too much vitamin C (the package said a maximum of two drops per day, but I've had at least four, just today). I haven't been helping myself with lifestyle choices though. I've been eating way too much at fancy restaurants, hanging out in smoky bars, dancing the night through and walking in cold and snowy weather. Not to mention the smoking of completely legal hallucinogens.

On Tuesday afternoon, Adam had a fondu party in the student lounge which coincided nicely with the staff giving out baked goods to whomever wanted them. Needless to say, I overate, and didn't have anything to eat until the next evening without being hungry. The evil buiding & grounds guy (a.k.a. "stick-up-ass"), however, got angry at us and said we could never have a fondu party again, even when we offered him some. Evil bastard. He's the same guy who bitched at me for sitting on the vending machines, and has been generally cruel to those of us who hang out in the lounge. That night I went to a poetry reading at the Lion and got a little bit trashed from all the free beer my Ecology teacher was giving me.

Wednesday evening I went to a birthday dinner (for Josee and Jen G.) with a few friends at a restaurant/bar that served mediocre nachos. I was so dissapointed with my dinner, in fact, that I was quite morose for the rest of the evening. We went to a bar after that, where we partook in the subtle pleasures of life, like good cognac and cigars. I smoked, with Adam, some legal but suspicious looking plants, that had no effect on him, but made me feel very tingly. As I described it to Kevin, "It feels like I'm having an orgasm all over my body!" We then proceeded to go to Josee's house and watch a movie, which I slept through.

Thursday, I went shopping and worked on an essay. Friday, that is yesterday, I handed in the afore-mentionned essay, worked on various projects, got free candy from strangers, and had dinner with Jonah. I then proceeded to go clubbing with Jen L. and Josee, which was an adventure all by itself. We spent a good deal of time getting ourselves dolled up, and took the bus to the Welpub. We were carded of course, and the stupid bouncer wouldn't let us in because our I.D. wasn't valid. In my case, he said that the picture on my medicare card (the only real piece of photo I.D. I own) didn't look enough like me. I guess I went overboard on the makeup, or he was just really stupid. So we called Josee's dad, who unhappily brought us all our cards, and returned to the Welpub. I just handed the bouncer my whole wallet saying, "This is all the I.D. I own." He finally let us in, and we had much fun dancing, drinking beer and avoiding the stares of drunk old men who tried to dance with us. We walked home in the snow (the sidewalks hadn't been plowed) uphill, and were very tired when we arrived at about 4:00 am.

Moral of the story: Eat well, but not too well, drink well, but not to excess, don't wear too much makeup, and always carry lots of I.D.




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com