Sunday, February 20, 2005

Lacking a better half

The show went all right, I suppose. I had a cup of coffee (that I never paid for, now that I think of it) and it made me very jittery. I felt like I played terribly, but we all did. Besides the uncomfortable silences between songs, we played a few songs too slow and at least one too quickly. I think we should have practiced some more the previous day, just to get the tempos straight. I guess the audience appreciated it, but they had nothing to lose because it was free. At any rate, afterwards, my hands were trembling. I hope we do better next time. At least our booklets were a great hit.

The barbecue afterwards was very fun. My friend Andra came along and I think she enjoyed herself. At least, all my guy friends enjoyed her company. There was much drinking and eating and playing of improv games. I guess the highlight of the night, for me, was when Jonah took me onto the porch and told me that he wanted to break up. Yep, that's right, almost two years of practically flawless bliss down the drain. I'm angry, sad, bitter, and all those fun feelings, but I'll get over it. The night ended with a dramatic exit by Tom, followed by a deep philosophical talk from Ian. Yep, interesting night indeed.

I haven't dressed yet. I have a million things to do, and I'm really behind in my homework. I have applications to do for university, tax things to do, practicing for the string orchestra... I think I may go crazy. Josee, Oliver and Sam are coming over later tonight to try to make me feel better for at least a little while, I guess. I have good friends. I don't often realize that, but when things go wrong, they're always there. I've had nothing but love and support from everybody, and for that I'm thankful. Big bags of cookies for everyone!




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com