Friday, March 04, 2005

Florida

I've been writing this entry in my head for the past few hours, through two plane and one bus ride, and lots of waiting around in terminals. So, though I'm tired and still a little bit sick, I'm going to regale you all with stories of wonder and of woe, whether you like it or not.

First of all, a short description of Florida. It is a state to the South of America, filled with strip malls, beach resorts, struggling wilderness, and old people. I kid you not, that is Florida in a nutshell. Every time we'd pass a strip mall, my grandmother would say, "I remember when this used to be all bush." It's sad, but developpers are destroying an otherwise naturally beautiful state, and I'm afraid that it will have disastrous results eventually. Also, I wasn't overwhelmed terribly by the American-ness of it all, but the few "Support our Troops" signs annoyed my slightly. I don't know why their patriotism in particular annoys me so much...

Anyway, about the actual trip. I'm afraid it might sound a bit complaining, but you should all be used to that by now. I had some ear problems before leaving and they were aggravated by the changes in pressure from flying, and now, I'm partially deaf, and was for most of the trip. That put a bit of a damper on things, but I think I had fun anyway. We went to the beach only once, and the waves, the sand, and the pelicans were beautiful. We also went to this place called "Caribbean Gardens" which was basically an animal preserve. They had some beautiful animals, but my favorite were the Indo-China tigers (I think I'm calling them the right thing), the biggest felines on Earth. They are so incredibly beautiful. We also went mini-golfing (my grandfather won), and ice cream-eating. I think I may have gained twenty pounds from my grandmother's cooking, but I'm too afraid to step on the scale.

At any rate, now that I've written this less than satisfactory entry, due to lack of sleep, I must catch up on sleep and then catch up on other things, like this recording thing-a-ma-gig which is tomorrow or something. Huh...




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com