Thursday, April 28, 2005

Almost done school!

It's nice to look at my agenda and realize that the things I have written are the only things I have to do for the rest of the school year. I have yet to finish my taxes, and I have at least three essays to write, but it's nice to know that the end is near. I've been horridly busy these last few weeks, explaining the lack of posts, not that I usually post that much anyway. So, I'll get everything up to date.

First of all, I've been chosen to be this year's Valedictorian. I got a letter several weeks ago saying that I'd been chosen, but then I found out that 9 other people had been chosen also, so I really didn't know what to think. Then, I got another letter the other day saying that I was to get to the graduation ceremony early to find my spot on stage... so I guess that means I won. Anyway, now I've got to think of a speech. I want to make it interesting, yet not terribly silly, and I want to make it inspiring, but not boring and corny. I think this will be tough. Anyone who has any ideas, fell free to suggest them.

Next little bit of news, I finally have a summer job, though most of you probably know this. I'm working in the Physics department at BU as a research assistant of some sort. Apparently, I'll be making only about $8.75 an hour, but I have 35 hours a week for about three months and it sure beats waitressing or working at a call center... *cough cough Nordia* It should be interesting work, as I'm going to be doing computer simulation stuff.

Finally, Mailin, our wonderful German superfan, stayed at my place for almost a week, and it was a lot of fun. We went dancing and shopping, and had many interesting conversations. I had a party/band practice at my house for her, and it ended up in a huge mess, a pickle on my pillow and an alarm clock, hidden under my bed, waking me up at 4:20 am two days later. Actually, it was quite fun, though little practicing got done.

Anywho, I have an integrative essay to write... 'til next time!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Mailin on the bus




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com