Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Summer's here

Well, I think my speech went over well in general. Some teachers were definitely insulted, but at least most of the students thought it was glorious. I was a success. And I got some nice prizes to boot ($700 worth), and I might buy a new amp with that. Also, school's almost finished and the weather's fine. I have three exams to write and then I'm finished college forever! I'm looking forward to this summer when I'll have an awesome job and more free time. Another interesting development in my university search, Queen's is offering me a $16,000 scholarship to go there. I'm flattered to say the least.

Here's something I found in yesterday's Sherbrooke Record. I think some of us might be interested.

Battle of the bands for recording time
For the first year ever the annual Friendship Day celebrations will be extended to include a Friday night Battle of the Bands. Any amateur band is free to enter and compete for recording time and publicity. Bands are eligible only if they have never recorded a CD or demo. To enter the event call 819-573-2112.



<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com