Sunday, June 12, 2005

Itchy toes

Well, I figured that I hadn't written for a while, and, though nothing especially interesting has happened in the last week or so, it is time to update. At work, I've been deemed knowledgable enough to actually start making stellar animations. This is after spending a week and a half reading through the entire manual for trueSpace 6.6 and spending at least three totally useless days just playing around. I'm guessing that work will be much more interesting once I actually get started on these projects.


The battle of the bands, in my humble opinion, went very well. We placed third, and, given the terrible performance by the winning band, The Relief, I was slightly confused. The band who placed second was a high school cover band, Falling Short, who played mostly System of a Down. I thought they were pretty good, and I'm not surprised that they beat us. I'm not sure if the pamphlets we made were a success or not because they were distributed without me noticing, but I can safely say that we were the only band who had any. Eventually, I'll scan one of them and post it, but I don't have any at home right now.


Yesterday was Friendship day, and I watched the parade with Sam. It was a good one this year, over an hour long, with three separate bands and 81 floats. I had a lot of fun, but ended up with sun blisters on my shoulders... icky and painful. We also visited the tents set up around the elementary schools, and there were a lot of interesting things. I think that the native south american playing the flute lost my respect after he started playing the Titanic theme song. For dinner, we had some old friends over from Newfoundland. I think I overindulged when it came to eating, but I had a great time. My brother has gotten quite good at "holding the floor".


This afternoon, I'm going to tutor and then this evening, there's a band practice. I'm looking forward to that.



<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com