Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Back from the Far East (of Canada)

I just, an hour and a half ago, returned from a trip to lovely Antigonish, Nova Scotia, where my first cousin once removed (my father's father's sister's daughter) was betrothed to a French canadian from Ontario. The drive over took sixteen hours because we made a detour to St. John, New Brunswick, to see a friend of my mother's. We made it in two days and stayed the first night at the afore-mentionned friend of my mother's. Friday evening we made it to Antigonish and checked into a Welcome Inn where my grandparents and aunt and uncle were also staying. We had a huge dinner at my great-aunt and uncle's place, where my great-uncle, John Dee, proceeded to have way too much whisky. He was humourous, coming on to my mother and all. The wedding was lovely, though rather Catholic. The reception was very fun, with lots and lots of drinking. I had to have a gin and tonic because I know that if I'd stuck to vodka and orange juice that I would have been much less lucid. I ended up getting sick from the overly rich chocolate dessert. Sunday, the day after the wedding, there was another gathering at the parents of the bride's home. I fell asleep in the basement. I tried lobster for the first time that evening at a restaurant called Lobster Treats. I like playing with the claws, especially the big crushing one. We took another two days to come back home (so more days driving than visiting), but the morning before our departure, we did some research on my great, great uncle (that is my father's father's father's brother) who was a WWI flying ace and died in action. Yesterday, we stopped at a roadside motel somewhere in the middle of New Brunswick because of a torrential downpour. Then, we got back here and my bum was sore. I don't know if there will be a band practice tonight as half the band has not yet returned from Montreal. I hope to hear from them shortly.

And now the above paragraph translated from English to French to Spanish and back to English, using AltaVista's translation service. (I would have done more, but I couldn't find enough languages.)

Right I, one hour and there is half, dice the return of a trip to pretty Antigonish, News-Scotland, where my first cousin once retired (the girl of the sister of the father of my father) was betrothed to a Canadian French of Ontario. The excess of impulsion has taken the sixteen hours because we made a roundup to rue John, New Brunswick, to see a friend of my mother. We previously made in two days and remained sum the first night to the mentioned friend of my mother. Friday takes did it to Antigonish and verified in a welcome shelter where my great parents and the aunt and uncle also remained. We had supper enormous to my place of aunt grandmother and uncle, where my uncle-grandfathers, John Dee, method stop to have the whiskey way too much. He was humourous, of advance to my mother and all. The marriage was pretty, although rather catholic. The reception was diversion very, with an order nombr' and a good number to drink. I must have a juniper and a tonic because I to the vodka and of juice of orange know that if nailed that would have been much less lúcidos. I upwards finished falling ill of the dessert in rich excess of chocolate. Domingo, the day after the marriage, were others gathering the parents of the house of the young fiancèe. I fell slept in the cellar. I tried for the first time to the prawn that afternoon to a restaurant required Lobster Treats. I like to play with the claws, specially the great crushing machines. We still took two days to correspond to the house (thus more days than they lead that visiting), but the morning before our exit, we made the investigation on my great, great uncle (who must say the brother of the father of the father of my father) that was an ace of WWI flight and one died in the action. Yesterday, we stopped somewhere to a motel of edge of the highway in the middle of the New Brunswick due to a torrential deluge. Soon, we again returned here and my vagabond era endolori. I do not know if it will make a practice as far as band tonight since half of the band of Montreal still does not occur to the return. I hope to hear they soon.




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com