Saturday, September 24, 2005

Sick as a duck, again.

Sometimes I wish I had a religion so I could blame my problems on a deity. Ah well, I guess I'll just have to blame my weak immune system. I have a cold that's making my life pretty miserable. I may have got it from any dozen of people because whenever anyone is sick within a twenty foot radius of me, I'm bound to get it. Maybe I should start taking garlic pills like Herr Doktor suggested.

My cold didn't prevent me from going to this awesome Liva concert though. It was at the Granada and I went with Jojo, Oliver, my brother and four of his friends. I was in awe the whole time Liva played. The opening band was called Hanker, and they were good in their own way... They had the whole hardcore metal thing going on, but I had the impression that they were trying to hard to conform to that style. I mean, the second guitarist had the whole "I am a guitar god, and I'm sexy to boot" look going on, even though he wasn't amazing. But when Liva came on... they were so good! Their singing is even better in concert than on CD, which is a rare occurance, I think. The lead guitarist was amazing (even though he has long hair with a bald spot, teehee!) and the violist was even more amazing. I love bowed instruments in rock. It's just so cool. The concert made me want to go home and practice, which I may yet do.

Worth a listen: I am my own Grandpa by Ray Stevens.




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com