Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Back from yet another trip...

Before I start about my last trip, I just wanted to note that it's been seven months today that Sam and I have been going out. Go us!

Ok, so yesterday, at approximately six o'clock in the evening, my family and I returned from a four-day long trip to Ontario for Thanksgiving. We left early Friday morning, after I had spent an hour trying to put music on my mp3 player, only to finally screw up the memory card. The drive was long, but we stopped near Ottawa to see Oskar Graf, who made one of my Dad's many guitars, and had to do a small repair. We finally arrived at my Savta's house (that's my maternal grandmother) in Toronto at nine o'clock in the evening. The next day, we went shopping at the (ginormous) Yorkdale mall where I bought Black Seal rum for Sam and some amaretto for me.

That afternoon, we drove to my paternal grandparents' place in Guelph with my Savta, arriving just in time for dinner. My grandmother then proceeded to feed us... a lot. We then went to visit my aunt and uncle in Cambridge, where my uncle and my dad jammed all night, my dad playing yet another electric guitar he bought in Toronto, this time a Gibson SG. That night, all us guests slept in the living room, with the exception of Savta who got the guest room, my parents on an air mattress (much to my mother's distress) and Cam and I on the sofas. I had a dream about Etienne that night, where he had to do a take-home test and he gave it to me so I could give him the answers. Then, I emailed them to him and he handed in a printed form of that email as his answer sheet and proceeded to get a "G" in that class. I think he was wearing a furry colourful coat... very out of character.

The next day, Sunday, was to be the day of the feast. My mother and I wandered around Guelph, finally arriving at a rather "hickish" strip mall and I bought a skirt and a belt. In order to make things easier for herself, my grandmother decided to have two Thanksgiving dinners, one with my family, Savta and my uncle who lives with them, and another with the other relatives. That sort of sucked for us because we didn't get to see all our relatives even after that long drive. Anyway, lots of turkey was to be had and everything was delicious. We returned to Toronto that evening and Savta and I stood around the kitchen, drinking chocolate liqueur and talking about all the times we'd been drunk. The next day, that is, yesterday, we drove back here and I slept for most of the trip.

And what do I have to be thankful for? My grandparents are still in relatively good health, I got to see at least some of my relatives and this was the last trip of the year...




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com