Sunday, January 15, 2006

Homemade necklaces!

Yesterday, I spent a good portion of the afternoon making bead necklaces with my mother. We each made one from the same pattern, which was provided by Theresa Olin from this site. I had many problems, personally, namely, the wire I used being too thick, and as I realized as I was almost finished, too short. I had to do some fancy wire attaching. Also, because the wire was too thick, there were places where I couldn't fit the third piece through a bead and so had to improvise, which didn't work so well in some places. Well, you'll see. I scanned the necklace, and coming back to it, it doesn't look so bad, I guess. This is my version:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is my mother's version:


And this is the original version from the site:


I'll leave it up to you to determine how mine compares.

On a different note, I went to a party last night, hosted by Ryan, with the theme "Take Back the Lion". Tonight was the grand opening of BU's student bar, called the Gait (of all things), and so we figured that all of the hip-hop crowd (that is, froshies, Champlain kids and other such people who go dancing to bad music) would be there and we could have the Golden Lion, the main pub in town, all to ourselves. The party at the Gait was supposed to be a formal event, so Ryan had his party be a formal event as well. He has his own little bar, The Speak-Easy, and there was much fun to be had there. I should have pictures of that fairly soon.

Around midnight, we finally decided that it was time to go and reclaim our bar. We got there, and guess what. It was completely packed with kids in formal wear, dancing to the bad music blasting from the sound system... Exactly what we were trying to avoid. So we left, waited in the cold of a snowstorm outside the doors for the rest of our crowd to assemble and went to the upstairs, which wasn't nearly as full or scary. We had a couple of rounds there and finished the night at the Grec. We didn't get to take back our pub, but I still have fun and that's all that counts.




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com