Friday, March 03, 2006

Blech!

Today probably wasn't one of my best. The morning was ok. I worked on my research paper, which is coming along nicely, and goofed off the proper amount. The bad part started when I decided to go to town to get my picture taken to renew my medicare card. It was cold out. Cold, I think is an understatement. My legs were frozen before I was even half way there. The thermometer reading wasn't actually that low, but the wind was killer. It was an evil unrelenting North wind. By the time I got to the pharmacy, my eyelashes had big chunks of ice on them and I couldn't feel my legs anymore.

On the way back, I decided that it would probably be a good idea to drop by the school and get started on that programming assignment which is due Monday. Once there and properly settled in, I opened my binder, read over my assignment instructions, only to realize that I had absolutely no idea how to even get started on the darn thing. I then proceeded to curse the teacher for having given us an assignment over the break, when I don't have access to the school's computers all the time, and making it due the class right before our midterm exam. Then I felt sorry for myself because was stupid enough to leave it to the last minute and not try to understand it earlier. I shot off an email to my teacher, begging him to give me a hint of some sort, and left the computer lab, dejected and feeling like I'd completely wasted my time. The walk home wasn't quite as windy, but it was still rather awful.

I hate winter and I hate homework and I hate having to do work over the break, which isn't really a break considering I have to write this stupid paper, do my programming assignment, start a Calculus assignment, and study for two midterms, all this for the week after break. I'm stressed and this isn't much of a break.

At least I found a nice website, the Lucky W Amulet Archive. I stumbled across it when looking up apotropaic magic and I thought it was really neat. Also, the band website is slowly being fixed. Hourra for happy things!




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com