Sunday, December 25, 2005

A knee update on Christmas morn

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is my knee as it looked yesterday, which is the first opportunity I've had to look at it uncovered and had a camera there to document the event. Remember, I wounded it back on October 22, which is a full two months and three days ago. Since then, I've been to the hospital thrice, once to have the large central scab removed, once to have a plastic surgeon look at it and pull off some of that dead, gross-looking skin, and once to have it looked at by the same plastic surgeon who said it was coming along well. I'm supposed to go again in January, but I'm lazy and haven't made an appointment yet. This has been a long haul for one stupid night of drunkenness. You may refer back to the earlier picture in this post.

As you all well know, today is Christmas, and as is our tradition (though we don't really believe in any of the religious stuff, so we shouldn't say that we celebrate Christmas, but instead some sort of secular commercial gift-giving holiday), Cam and I got up very early, partaking in some Christmas cheer, and counted our presents. Nobody was up for quite some time so we watched the Comedy Channel. Eventually, Dad came down, apparently wakened by out loud laughter, and we later woke Mom. I got lots of presents which is cool. Later today, we're going to have Gill and Sam for dinner, and I'm sure they'll be delicious.




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com